Congratulations to Emma Segal for making the J & C Small School All-Area 1st Team, Emily Bell and Alexis Johnson for making Honorable Mention.
Category Archives: News
Congratulations to FHS Senior, Mackenzie O’Brien, on receiving the Lilly Scholarship! Mackenzie is a two-time cancer survivor and knows the meaning of perseverance. She hopes to one day become a doctor, specifically in oncology. Mackenzie shared, The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship would help me achieve my goals in more ways than imaginable. I hope to become the first person in my family to attend college and to dedicate my life to saving the lives of others.”
http://pbskids.org/ This is a great site for kids of all ages featuring all of your kids favorite characters from PBS!
http://www.rhcbooks.com/ Featuring books, activities, games and more all surrounding your favorite characters from Random House Books! This is a great way to make books come alive for little ones!
www.starfall.com This is a great website for learning to read. Starfall takes your kids all the way from ABCs to Learning to Read! There are some fun games and more that surround phonics, sounds and putting sounds together in words! This is great for preschoolers learning to read!
www.scholastic.com/kids/books/the-magic-school-bus/ There are tons of great videos and games about the environment and science. This is a great website for older children who want to learn about weather, geography and more.
www.highlightskids.com This site has games, books, crafts and of course hidden pictures.
http://www.abcya.com/ This is another great learning site for kids. There is everything from counting games, to graphing, patterns and more. This site is great for learning early math skills.
www.Kids.nationalgeographic.com This is a great site for exploring our world and learning all you can about the ocean, animals, geography and more! There is a TON of information on this site and also some great videos, puzzles and quizzes!
Frontier Elementary was just listed as one of the top 30% of elementary schools in the state of Indiana by the US News and World Report.
Kids love to be close and share everything, even germs. Here are some quick tips to help students reduce the spread of germs at school.
- Wash your Hands– Wash hands in warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds. Sing the alphabet song once to help with timing.
- Don’t Share– Send extra supplies so students can use their own items rather than community items.
- Cover Sneezes and Coughs– Sneeze into the crook of the elbow or into a tissue, not into hands. If a student accidentally sneezes into their hands, remind them to wash their hands right away.
- Hands off Your Face– Teach students to keep hands away from their face, out of their nose and out of their mouths. If they accidentally touch these things, remind them to wash their hands right away.
- Skip the Water Fountain– Send a water bottle with students each day so they can avoid the water fountain. If they need to use the water fountain, teach students how to drink without touching their mouth to the spigot.
- Eat Fruits and Veggies– A healthy diet can help boost the immune system.
- Get Enough Sleep- Sleep helps build the immune system. Follow these guidelines:
- Ages 10-17: 8.5 to 9.5 hours per night
- Ages 5-10: 10 to 11 hours per night
- Ages 3-5: 11 to 13 hours per night
- Stay Home From School when Sick– If a student is sick, they need to stay home until they are well again to avoid spreading illness to others.
The Indiana Department of Education released the 2021 ILEARN results and Frontier School Corporation had the highest student passing percentage for the following:
- English/Language Arts
- Passing both English/Language Arts and Math in Benton, Carroll, and White counties
Congratulations to students, teachers and families. Keep up the great work.
Get an Event link account to keep up to date on Frontier Jr.-Sr. High School sporting events. See directions below:
- Go to eventlink.com and click “Create Account”
- Add Schools
- Add Notification Contact Points
- Click “My Calendars”
- Click “Manage my Calendars”
Click on the following link to take the Frontier Connectivity Survey:
Parents and students, please complete the survey by Friday, July 30, 2021.