Announcements for Thursday, March 19, 2020
This is Superintendent Dan Sichting of the Frontier School Corporation. Today is Thursday, March 19, 2020. I am calling tonight to provide the following announcements:
- Governor Holcomb announced earlier today that schools would remain closed until May 1, 2020. In the announcement, Dr. McCormick indicated schools were still only at this time receiving twenty (20) waiver days and must provide educational programming for 160 of the normal 180 instructional days.
- Frontier School Corporation will be closed tomorrow, Friday, March 20, 2020. This is a waiver day with no E-Learning scheduled.
- Frontier School Corporation will be on Spring Break from Monday, March 23, 2020 through Friday, March 27, 2020. No E-Learning will be held next week.
- Frontier School Corporation will provide “Grab and Go Meals” for Spring Break from Monday, March 23, 2020 through Friday, March 27, 2020. The meal distribution sites continue to be Federated Church of Brookston, Brookston United Methodist Church, and the Chalmers Community Church. The “Grab and Go” meals will be distributed on Monday, March 23, 2020, Wednesday, March 25, 2020, and Friday, March, 27, 2020. On Monday, March 23, 2020, two “Grab and Go” breakfast meals and lunch meals will be distributed. On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, two “Grab and Go” breakfast meals and lunch meals will be distributed. On Friday, March 27, 2020 one breakfast and lunch meal will be distributed.
In order to make sure we have adequate meals, please don’t just show up at the sites. If your son or daughter hasn’t been participating you can still enroll in the “Grab and Go” meal program by calling the Frontier Superintendent’s Office at 219-984-5009, Extension #3023. You can also enroll in the program by emailing [email protected]. The plan is to continue providing “Grab and Go” meals through May 1, 2020.
Frontier School Corporation is sorry but at this time we can’t deliver meals in rural areas. However, this provision may be waived in the future and at that point we would begin delivering in rural areas.
- Currently, Frontier School Corporation will be closed on Monday, March 30, 2020. This will be a waiver day and no E-Learning will be scheduled. Frontier School Corporation plans to release the schedule for the period of time between Tuesday, March 31, 2020 and Thursday, April 30, 2020 early next week. The time period will be made up of waiver days and E-Learning Days.
- At this point, I would like to remind Seniors in order to graduate at the end of the 2020 school year it is imperative you participate in E-Learning so you can accumulate the credits needed to graduate. Mrs. Bassett and Mr. Hettinger will communicate with parents if Seniors are not participating in E-Learning and their graduation status is in jeopardy.
I would like to say thank-you to parents and grandparents and all childcare providers during this time of school closures. I know many of you continue to work full-time as do I and are balancing E-Learning with your work obligations. Please follow the CDC Guidelines for the COVID-19 for the safety of yourself and others.
These announcements will be posted on the Frontier School Corporation website as well as the Frontier School Corporation Facebook and Twitter accounts in the next two hours.